My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Coconut Mahi-Mahi in Thai Curry Sauce
Courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood & Aquaculture
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 7 oz. shredded coconut
+ 1/2 c. rice flour
+ 2 large eggs
+ 1/2 c. water
+ 4 - 8 oz. fillets Florida Mahi-Mahi
+ 1/4 c. rice flour
+ 1/4 c. olive oil
+ 1 tsp. red Thai curry (check the label for allergy information)
+ 1 c. coconut milk
+ 1 Tbsp. honey
+ 2 leaves fresh basil finely chopped
What to do:
1. In a small bowl, mix the coconut and 1/2 c. of rice flour.
2. In another bowl, make an egg wash with eggs and water.
3. Coat fillets in the remaining 1/4 c. of rice flour; dip fillets into egg wash and finish breading with coconut/flour mixture.
4. Sauté fillets in oil over med-high heat until fork tender, browning both sides. Remove fillets and set aside. In same pan, add the Thai curry, coconut milk and honey. Simmer over high heat until volume is reduced by 1/4. Add basil to taste.
5. Return fillets to pan and spoon curry sauce over. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture Marketing
Calories: 631; Calories From Fat: 410; Total Fat: 46g; Saturated Fat: 30g; Cholesterol: 105mg; Total Carbs: 50g; Protein: 9g;